You’ll receive lots of hands-on training as you learn to use both analog and digital mixing desks. You’ll also use a wide range of current and ‘classic’ equipment to complete tasks. You’ll also have 9 months access to all SEM’s studios and live rooms, and access to tech support for 1-2-1 development.
Is this course for me?
You don’t have to be into rock music to get the most out of an Audio Engineering course. This module is still very relevant if you like electronic music!
On this course you’ll build the skills required for employment in a range of areas in the industry. Ideal too if you’re a producer looking to broaden the scope of your own music and dig a bit deeper!
Work experience placements are also available. These could lead you into anything from stage managing festivals, running your own studio, or scoring music for films.
Start dates and course fees
- Start Dates
6 months Audio Engineering : Thursdays 12pm – 6pm
6 months Audio Engineering : Mondays 12pm – 6pm
September (Weekend Term)
6 months Audio Engineering : Saturdays 11am – 5pm
6 months Audio Engineering : Wednesdays 12pm – 6pm
December (Evening term)
6 months Audio Engineering : Tues & Thurs 7pm-10pm
Music Composition is studied alongside your Audio Engineering module unless otherwise specified.
Contact us for full timetable with regards to Music Composition and Audio Engineering.
+44 (0) 161 833 4722
- Course fees
Instant Decision Monthly Finance (credit check required)
Options One – Four
Minimum 5% downpayment £110
Payable upon successful application.
1: 12 months: £174/month. Total finance: £2090.
2: 24 months: £95/month. Total finance: £2303.
3: 36 months: £67/month. Total finance: £2409.
4: 48 months: £53/month. Total finance: £2519.
Fund your own training (no credit check required)
Options Five – Six
5: Reg fee (£300) + £1900. Total £2200.
6: Reg fee (£300) + 2 x 10-week instalments of £1030. Total £2360.
When should I enrol?
In short: enrol as soon as you are ready. All live course dates are available for you to enrol on.
Unlike most training centres SEM has a limit on lecturer to student ratio and keeps its class sizes small. We therefore have limited availability and courses fill up in advance. We would recommend enrolling as soon as you are ready, to avoid disappointment.
Options 1 – 4: If you are funding with Monthly Finance with Omni Capital
- Apply online now via the course page, this will take you to Omni Capital’s page for the finance side of the application.
- Your finance decision should be immediate.
- Monthly repayments to Omnifinance do not begin until 1 month after your finance application has been accepted.
- The initial downpayment is paid to SEM, which is required once your finance application has been accepted.
Options 5 – 6: If you are funding yourself (no credit check)
- Enrol online, this will prompt you for your registration fee, and may prompt you for the first instalment if you course starts within 1 month.
- A course advisor will then be in touch to finalise your remaining payments.
If you have any questions please contact a course advisor on +44 (0)161 833 4722. They will be happy to help!
Can I get funding for the course?
If you have any questions, we would always recommend contacting a course advisor or calling us on +44 (0)161 833 4722.
Options 1 – 4: Get instant Monthly Finance with Omni Capital (you will need to be in employment)
Prospective students are able to get an instant online decision to fund training though our partner Omni Capital. Benefits of the monthly finance are that the baseline course price is based on our ‘advanced’ cheaper price – although payment durations longer than 12 months will have interest of 9.9% applied (this is already factored into the monthly pricing you see on the course page). Please note Omni Capital will undertake a credit check when you apply for finance.
To apply, you must be 18 or over, earning over £5000 annually and have been living in the UK for at least 3 years before your course starts. Omni Capital will also take into consideration additional factors such as your credit score. If you are uncertain about whether applying for the finance is right for you, please contact a course advisor first.
- Apply by selecting the course start date, and the monthly payment duration that best suits your situation
- Click ‘Enrol on Course’
- On the second page, fill out your student details. At the bottom of the page select ‘Monthly Payments Omni Capital’.
- This will reveal a dropdown. Select the monthly payment duration again.
- Then select ‘Apply Now’
- This will take you through to Omni Capital’s site to complete the finance application – a decision on the finance is normally instant.
- Assuming your finance is accepted, you will need to pay:
- The downpayment to SEM immediately
- The monthly payments to Omni Capital do not begin for 28 days. We always advise ringing them on 0333 240 8318 to confirm the date of your direct debit.
You will need to pay a minimum 5% downpayment on the course fees to SEM at the point of successful finance application, although you have the option to make anything up to a 50% downpayment on course fees (a larger downpayment will make your monthly instalments cheaper). Should you wish to make a larger downpayment, contact SEM instead of applying online, as we will need to setup a bespoke application.
Options 5 – 6: Fund the course yourself
There are no credit checks involved with these options. SEM at their discretion may require proof of income, and confirmation of a guarantor – but not always.
If you have not lived in the UK for the past three years, or have low or no credit score, then these options may be relevant for you as you may not qualify for Omni Capital finance. At SEM’s discretion, we may be able to discuss a direct monthly payment plan between yourself and SEM, as an additional alternative. Please contact us promptly to discuss this.
Included with course
•50% off NI Komplete & Ultimate products • 40% off Ableton Live Standard or Suite
•25% off NI Kontrol Keyboards, Audio Interfaces, Traktor & Maschine
Choose to enrol on any ‘Complete Music Production‘ course and also get one free:
Ableton Live 10 Suite (RRP: £539) or Native Instruments Komplete 12 (RRP: £499)
Or, enrol on SEM’s flagship ‘Master Diploma‘ and receive both free.